SIMUFACT FORMING: METAL FORMING SIMULATION
SIMUFACT FORMING is the industry leading simulation software for metal forming simulation and heat-treatment processes. This simulation software package is used worldwide by manufacturing companies large and small, for a wide variety of manufacturing processes, like cold forming, closed and open die hot forging, incremental forming, ring-rolling, sheet metal forging, and many more.
Its ease of use and versatility makes it a popular tool for metal forming specialists to understand and optimize forming processes through metal forming simulations.
Doing simulations with Simufact Forming for metal forming processes will allow you to:
- Reduce costs in tool and process development through fewer testing of tools, less production downtime for trial runs and shorter development times.
- Cost reduction in serial production through increased tool life, optimized utilization of machine capacity and less material waste.
- Increase process stability through better knowledge about details of the forming process, fewer faults in forming and evaluation of more variants and risk-free testing of new ideas.
- Process optimization through reduction of forming operations, less machining and optimized material usage.
- Reduction of development time by reducing the number of physical try-outs
- Predict material flow and possible material failures
- Realize continuous analyses by transferring previous manufacturing process results to subsequent processes, for additional forming steps, or for welding simulation or even structural analyzes with third-party products, for any type analyzes like a crash or fatigue.
- Usage of metal forming simulation typically pays for itself within a couple of months.
Simufact Forming is a modular application that can be used for multiple function such as cold forming, hot forging, sheet metal forming, rolling, ring rolling, open die forging, heat treatment, pressure welding, and mechanical joining.
With an easy-to-learn user interface where most interactions are drag and drop type, metal forming specialists can quickly set up and run analyses with confidence.
Simufact Forming advantages:
- Easy to learn and use graphical user interface.
- Metal forming terminology used, not needed to be a FEA expert
- Special automated applications for specific forming processes
- Database of material properties with required mechanical properties
- Cold and Hot forming processes included, as well as 2D and 3D analyses
- Accurate results for bulk metal forming and thick sheet forming
- Ability to analyze mechanical joining processes
- Heat treatment analysis including phase transformation
- Modern modular approach by process type making the navigation efficient
- Efficient parallel computing technology to speed up simulation time
- Ability to simulate processes with complex press kinematics