SIMUFACT.WELDING: PROFESSIONAL WELDING SIMULATION
SIMUFACT.WELDING is a high performance Finite-Element-based software with state-of-the-art solver technology allowing for elastic-plastic material behavior to be modeled. As one of the most important tasks, the software succeeds in realistically predicting the distortions and residual stresses that occur during welding, while considering phase transformations and microstructure.
SIMUFACT.WELDING also assists in finding the optimal clamping devices for the welding process and helps determine the best welding sequence to minimize distortion. Multiple welding sequence and clamping setup can be simulated in a short time.
SIMUFACT.WELDING development started in 2005 with a German research group in Welding simulation comprised of major car manufacturers BMW, AUDI, MERCEDES, PORSCHE & AUDI. The first commercial release was in 2010. In addition to SIMUFACT solver, WELDSIM solver from IFE is available for welding of aluminum parts.
SIMUFACT.WELDING is a powerful simulation software allowing you to study and optimize your welding process beforehand
SIMUFACT.WELDING allows to reduce the dependence on empirical data and experience for welding processes. A better Understanding of the welding process helps reduce time and effort for correction post welding
SIMUFACT.WELDING allows to test different clamping concepts, paths and weld sequence to minimize distortion and improving quality.
SIMUFACT.WELDING can also predict mechanical properties in the Heat Affected Zone (HAZ) post welding, including phase transformations.
Combining SIMUFACT.WELDING with other commercial FEA software like ABAQUS allows to analyse operational loads on structure considering the residual stresses and material properties after welding.
- Most user friendly Pre- and post-processing GUI for welding simulation in the market
- Local adaptive refinement and coarsening of weld meshes for optimum solution time
- Automatic Weld Filler Element Creator
- Simultaneous evaluation of results during the calculation
- Weld monitor (weld 2D-section)
- Full thermal-structural transient solution for accurate results
- Thermal cycle solution: New scalable calculation method for the reduction of calculation times
- Integrated Meshing tool based on Altair® SimLab allowing to mesh complex geometries of hexa-, penta, and tetrahedrons on CAD geometry
- Advanced material database resulting in higher accuracy for the prediction of internal stresses and therefore for distortion and spring back effects
- SIMUFACT.welding solver & IFE WELDSIM solver available for aluminum parts.
- Possibility to do chain process simulation of SIMUFACT.FORMING first and SIMUFACT.WELDING considering residual stresses from one to the other