The Abaqus Unified FEA product suite offers powerful and complete solutions for both routine and sophisticated engineering problems covering a vast spectrum of industrial applications.
Abaqus Unified FEA offers the following suite of technology:
ABAQUS/CAE: GRAPHIC USER INTERFACE
- ABAQUS/CAE stands for Complete Abaqus Environment and is the powerful, yet user friendly, Graphical User Interface to ABAQUS solvers.
- It’s a modern graphical interface that allows to import geometry in all CAD format, create and modify geometry, build meshes and setup simulation jobs.
- It’s also used as the post processor for all available ABAQUS results and is easily customizable using Python language.
- Parts and assemblies can be created using the constraint-driven sketcher, or imported from any CAD systems.
- Associative interface allowing direct opening of files are available for following CAD software:
- Creo 2.0
- NX 8.5
- Solidworks 2013
- CATIA V5 – V6
ABAQUS/STANDARD : IMPLICIT SOLVER
- ABAQUS/Standard is the implicit non-linear solver intended for static and structural dynamic events, either linear or non-linear. Analyses types include:
- Static Stress/Displacement
- Dynamic Stress/Displacement
- Heat Transfer (Transient & Steady-State)
- Low-Cycle Fatigue
- It has significant multiphysics capabilities:
- Pore Fluid Flow-Mechanical
ABAQUS/EXPLICIT : EXPLICIT SOLVER
- ABAQUS/Explicit is the renown explicit solver intended for high-speed transient dynamic events and for highly non-linear quasi-static events.
- Robust and fast solver to simulate impact, crash and drop tests.
- Excellent parallelization using multi-cpu computers.
- Analysis capabilities include:
- Nonlinear dynamic Stress/Displacement
- Coupled Eulerian-Lagrangian (Fluid-Structure Interaction)
- Coupled Thermo-Mechanical
- Coupled Acoustic-Structural
Multiphysics Technology is an integral part of ABAQUS Unified FEA product suite. With the unified approach of using same model, material, element library and other finite element conditions, ABAQUS models can be quickly extended to include additional physical interactions without any additional tools and interfaces.
The multiphysics technologies that can be used to model fluid flow in FSI problems and extreme deformation are:
- Coupled Eulerian-Lagrangian (CEL)
The approach enables engineers to simulate structural tests with fluid loads more realistically. Applications are Tank sloshing, Tire hydroplaning, Soil structure interaction etc.
- Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (SPH)
This approach is useful in simulating bulk matter in motion such as extremely violent fluid flow or shattering of metals. Applications include Airbag deployment, Ballistic impact etc.
- Discrete Element Method (DEM)
An extremely useful approach for modeling granular particles. It can be used in a variety of applications such as shot peening on metals, granular sand in wheel-soil interaction, tablets in mining industry, conveyors etc.
ABAQUS/CFD is the Computational Fluid Dynamics solver for fluid flow analysis aimed at structural engineers.
It is capable of simulating incompressible transient or steady flows, turbulent or laminar as well as conjugate heat transfer and Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI).
To gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace, manufacturers have started to leverage the robust capabilities of realistic simulation to lessen dependency on physical testing, reduce part weight, or evaluate the use of alternative materials during the product design phase to ensure optimum product performance.
ABAQUS provides Realistic Simulations for all industries and has both implicit and explicit solvers integrated in one Graphical Users Interface allowing to share models between both solvers. Using ABAQUS allows companies to reduce their FEA toolset.
With its leading technology in contact modeling and non-linear materials, ABAQUS offers more accurate simulations and better correlation between tests and analysis results.
- Abaqus/CAE offers a comprehensive meshing environment and provides a variety of sophisticated approaches for simplifying and speeding up mesh creation.
- Fast, automatic free meshing
- Semi-Automatic Hex meshing
- Abstract away unimportant features using virtual topology
- ABAQUS provides comprehensive contact modeling capabilities, including the ability to model interactions between deformable bodies, rigid bodies, and self-contact.
- ABAQUS automatically detects contact between different bodies, reducing time required to define contact in large assemblies.
- ABAQUS also has a state of the art GENERAL CONTACT capability allowing to include multi-body contacts with one click.
- The ABAQUS product suite provides an extensive library of material models that can be used to simulate the realistic behavior of products.
- Metals, rubbers and composites
- Linear / Nonlinear elasticity and plasticity
- Isotropic, Orthotropic or Anisotropic
- Rate and Temperature dependence
- Additional Materials including:
- Soils and Rocks
- Concrete and Ceramics
- Pastes and Polymers
- Human tissue
- Including Damage and Failure modeling.
FRACTURE AND FAILURE
ABAQUS is the software to reckon with when it comes to modeling fracture and failure. From conventional fracture mechanics methods to advanced failure models, ABAQUS covers the broader spectrum of analysis in this field.
- Fracture Mechanics with contour-integral evaluation
- eXtended Finite Element Method (XFEM)
- Virtual Crack Closure Technique (VCCT)
- Cohesive Zone Modeling
- Progressive Damage and Failure for sheet metals, ductile, brittle and composite materials
- Fastener failures
- NOVO NORDISK : Supporting plastic part design
- CATERPILLAR : machine – ground interaction
- ATA : Fluid-structure Interaction
- HYUNDAI: Optimizing wiper links
- TENARIS: Crack simulation
- FASTENERS ANALYSIS